Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sometimes Change Just Happens

Change is one of those things that I am not very fond of. Unfortunately change sometimes just finds us and there is nothing we can do but make the best of it. Well, change found me recently and I no longer live among the rolling fields and herds of deer.

A few months ago I relocated to a somewhat urban area where I currently share the same vertical space with some quiet neighbors. I am thankful for the fact that they are quiet. The one exception being the gentleman above me who is a lumberjack by night.

Fortunately, the metropolis that is my new home was built around the same river I have been bothering for the past 16 years. I am happy to have found several parks that very much resemble my former home, and this has eased the transition considerably.

With change comes the need to adapt. Circumstances are such that I will be bank-bound for a while, so I have been scouting out some nearby streams. Rumor has it that one of them in particular has some good smallmouth fishing.

So for the time being, I will be putting my medium weight baitcasting rod down for my ultra-light spinning rod. I even plan to break out the fly rod and waders in the near future. I once went fly fishing for trout in the Driftless Area streams a few years ago and am anxious to try that type of fishing again.

Just like the river, our lives are always changing whether we like it or not. One thing is for sure, change takes us in a new direction and challenges us. Who knows? You might find new opportunities that you had never even thought were possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment